Key responsibilities include working with Process, Project and Design Engineers to execute advanced quality activities for new product development and introduction, supporting customer interface and miscellaneous projects as assigned.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Actively participate in the development of Process and Design FMEAs as well as design reviews for the assigned product and related tooling.
- Generate and/or champion 8-Ds for the prototype process including 8-Ds for problem solving, test failures, and prototype failures.
- Track and report First Time Capability for prototype builds. Facilitate prototype dimensional layouts and prepare prototype PPAP and/or PSW submissions.
- Initiate dimensional layouts on production piece parts for the purpose of qualifying piece parts for production release.
- In conjunction with the Team Leader, identify significant characteristics for all piece parts and track the quality level of pre-production piece part runs to ensure that the piece part tooling meets the capability goals for the product.
- Work in conjunction with the team’s Process Engineer to ensure the manufacturing process is meeting the product’s defined quality level and that the processes meet capability levels identified for the product.
- Lead the “line readiness” event activities as required by different OEMs such as Run at Rate, PSO, HVPT, QAV or PSP. This includes compilation of documentation and evidence.
- Maintain documentation required for Advance Quality Planning. The documentation shall include Pre-launch Control Plans, Prototype Quality Procedures, Prototype PPAP and Prototype PSW as a minimum in a timely manor to meet the projects timing goals. Maintain the documentation to ensure accuracy of content until the program is production released and has achieved specified yield goals
- Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Personnel at the identified manufacturing site to ensure that control plans, work instructions and production audit schedules are defined with procedures and work instructions to support the production line yield goals and customer requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the site Quality Assurance Personnel to assist in resolving issues until the product successfully achieves it’s identified production yield and quality goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with 8-D problem solving techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge and understating of quality systems e. TS16949, ISO14001
- PPAP, FMEA, APQP,GDT
- Ability to lead in root cause analysis
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably EE or ME) is required.
- 5+ years of Quality experience preferably in the automotive industry
- CQE certification and international experience is a plus.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment