CTS Celebrates 120th Anniversary
Lisle, Ill. – 2016 was an important year for CTS Corporation (NYSE: CTS) as they celebrated their 120th anniversary. The 120th anniversary was marked by significant achievements such as establishing a new identity with a unified Vision, Promise and Value Proposition. In 2016, CTS also executed a strategic acquisition and continued to innovate around products and technologies that Sense, Connect and Move.
Founded in 1896 to meet the needs of an early telephone industry, CTS evolved from being one of the first manufacturers of telephones to designing and manufacturing a diverse portfolio of products for a variety of industries. As technology has continued to move forward the company has been alongside, engineering intelligent ways to meet people’s ever changing needs.
Important milestones in CTS’ 120-year history include:
- 2016 – 120th Anniversary – Released new identity
- 2010’s – Refined strategy to focus on sensors, actuators and electronic components. Sold EMS business
- 1980’s – Developed custom under-the-hood and chassis position sensor technologies for evolving automotive requirements
- 1962 – CTS became publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange
- 1960’s – Established plants in Taiwan and Mexico to increase cost efficiency and penetrate international markets
- 1950’s – Adapted radio technology to the emerging television market
- 1920’s – Evolved from a manufacturer of finished products (telephones and switchboards) to a major supplier of radio receiver components
CTS (NYSE: CTS) is a leading designer and manufacturer of products that Sense, Connect and Move. CTS manufactures sensors, actuators and electronic components in North America, Europe and Asia, and supplies these products to OEMs in the aerospace, communications, defense, industrial, information technology, medical and transportation markets.
For more information visit www.ctscorp.com.
Marketing Communications Manager
2375 Cabot Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
Telephone: +1 (630) 577-8865