The Director of Compensation and Benefits will lead the design and implementation of a global total rewards philosophy and approach that supports the organization’s strategic direction and goals. Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing compensation, benefit, and rewards programs in alignment with CTS culture, mission, and values. Work with a dispersed team of business and HR leaders to ensure consistency and market competitiveness.
Drive a Total Rewards Approach
Proactively support the corporate strategic plan and related initiatives through research, design, implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of rewards programs.
- Determine and implement effective total rewards strategies.
- Understand and incorporate cultural nuances to ensure global reach is effective.
- Prepare and present total rewards approaches and programs to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Present solutions regarding potential conflicts with the total rewards philosophy relative to compensation and benefit programs being delivered.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure the corporation receives competitive bids.
Manage Compensation Programs
Design, develop, implement and ensure execution of general compensation programs including base pay salary structures, sales incentives, short-term incentive plans, and long-term incentive plans.
- Ensure compensation elements are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Lead annual merit and incentive processes.
- Evaluate and refine base pay compensation structures. Market price positions and recommend adjustments to structure as appropriate. Maintain compensation databases.
- Support Sales Incentive Plan design in partnership with HR and business unit leaders.
- Consult and advise on special incentives as needed.
Manage Executive Compensation
- Manage the design and administration of executive level compensation programs.
- Lead annual planning process for executive pay planning and stock plan administration.
- Create and present Board Compensation Committee materials.
- Work with Finance and Legal to ensure equity program is effectively administered and managed.
Manage Benefit Strategies and Programs
- Oversee the planning, evaluation, and determination of cost effective and competitive solutions to group health & welfare and retirement plans for the corporation.
- Review overall benefit effectiveness for locations worldwide and recommend benefit plan enhancements and/or changes. Work with consultants to design and develop benefit plan offerings.
- Evaluate and implement work / life benefit strategies and programs.
- Manage and coordinate the benefit function to ensure compliance with all legal requirements, company policies and procedures, and vendor contracts.
- Serve as company’s HIPAA Compliance Officer. Serve as fiduciary on the Benefit Plan Administration and Investment Committees.
- Oversee the Workers’ Compensation administration activities.
- Manage Ceridian HRIS; evaluate and implement compensation management tools and/or advise system-related needs.
Ensure Program Compliance
- Ensure global policies, procedures, and practices are compliant with corporate policies and with all governmental regulations.
- Ensure government reporting requirements are met.
- Work with consultants and legal department staff to develop amendments and changes to plans to meet legal compliance.
- Travel as needed, up to 20%
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other related field. Masters or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of directly relevant compensation and benefits experience in a public company, manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working directly with global locations is required.
- Certification in Compensation (CCP) and Benefits (CEBS or CBP) is a plus.
- Experience with M&A and/or integration highly desired.
- Solid foundation in the analysis and impact of business financials.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), negotiation, and presentation skills. Comfortable working with and presenting to the C-Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve goals. Must be resourceful and able to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be influential and establish positive working relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a dispersed, global team. Viewed as a business partner and operates with the highest degree of discretion and integrity.
- Strong HRIS, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite skills.