Troubleshoot and make repairs to facility electrical/ mechanical equipment and machinery, production process equipment, plumbing systems, HVAC systems etc. in accordance with specifications, operating manual, sketches and drawings.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Perform preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose infrequent problems with processes and equipment with minimal direction or documentation
- Evaluate equipment performance and improvements; perform moderately complex procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of equipment is helpful, understanding of preventative maintenance a plus. A logical approach to problem solving. Self-motivated goal oriented. Ability to complete work assignments for the week with minimal supervision. Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to communicate well with other Technicians and Engineers for direction. Ability to share technical observations with other Technicians
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma & 5+ years related experience or
- Associates Degree with 2-5 years related experience
- Occasional exposure to lead, dust and higher than normal temperatures is possible.