This position will conduct metrology on various product, tool, and equipment pieces using a range of tools such as CMM, shadowgraph, and handheld tools. The technician will receive requests from metrology customers and he/she must be able to interpret the requests, manage priorities, perform the work and report the findings in a timely manner meeting the customer’s expectations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Interact with metrology requestors to understand needs and provide best approach
- Write CMM programs and plan measurement jobs
- Conduct measurement routines on CMM and other measuring tools
- Evaluate results of measurements
- Communicate measurement results in a formal report.
- Interact with customers to improve their understanding of results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent with MCOSMOS-3 V4
- Experienced with Mitutoyo bridge style CMM
- Ability to use 3D CAD software; Preferably Solid Edge.
- Understanding of AMSE-Y 14.5m 2009 (GD&T)
- Able to read and understand Engineering Drawings
- Skilled in the use of MS Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Ability to work independently and creatively, while collaborating closely with a diverse team of technical experts
- Ability to manage time and commitments within a framework of competing priorities
- Good written and spoken communications skills
Education and Experience
- High School / 5-7 years of experience or Associates Degree with 2-5 years of experience.
- Previous metrology experience and a good mechanical aptitude
- Good mathematical background, especially in geometry and algebra is necessary
- Mechanical drafting experience and/or the ability to understand mechanical engineering drawings
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to set-up measurement specimens and operate measuring equipment.
- Standard office/laboratory environment