Represent CTS directly to the customer and the voice of the customer (VOC) to the CTS organization. Assemble and lead cross functional PDP or APQP Team for new product development through launch. Assure that all customer requirements, internal metrics and critical dates are met.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Assemble and lead cross functional PDP or APQP teams for new product development through launch.
- Assure “safe launch” through management of the team and project to meet customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Track and manage the program budget to ensure all financial metrics are met.
- Lead Cost reduction and margin improvement activity to ensure financial metrics can be met.
- Facilitate completion of appropriate requirements for prototype and production program deliverables.
- Review and update the business case/ project agreement as the program scope changes.
- Ensure proper technical and commercial interface occurs with the customer and internal departments
- Attend and participate in customer meetings
- Gather information necessary to develop cost study and quote to customer
- Manage program and customer open issues list. Facilitate completion of action items on open issues list.
- Assist Sales for follow-up on open commercial issues with customers
- Other job-related duties as requested by the Product Line Manager or Director of Program Management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in PDP or APQP and PPAP
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Proven experience and interaction with suppliers, customers and Senior Management
- Know how to use MS Windows and MS Office Package especially Excel & Powerpoint
- Understanding of Critical Path concepts for Projects
- Ability to use MS Project and/or other timeline software tools.
- Basic understanding of how our products work and are assembled
- Experience with PCB, electronic components, magnetics, stamping, plastic injection molding, low and high volume assembly helpful
- ERP/MRP system experience desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field
- 5 years of previous experience as a Program Manager preferably in the automotive industry
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment