Key responsibilities include general technical support to Quality Engineers. Technicians may be assigned to specific responsibilities such as gage calibration, warranty analysis, etc.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Quality Engineers to:
- develop, write and/or revise quality documents and procedures.
- analyze warranty returns, line fallout data & Test Lab testing results.
- investigate issues that may effect the quality, cost, or delivery of our existing production shipments.
- complete Production Part Approval Process packages (PPAP)
- Monitor statistical process control (SPC).
- Perform gage studies, dimensional analysis, and master unit scanner program
- Perform internal quality audits.
- Support scrap reduction programs
- Other projects as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of SPC
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
- AS in technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Quality experience preferably in the automotive industry
- Standard office environment