Key responsibilities include test system design and development along with test system support and continuous improvement. The position will also be responsible for data processing and information dissemination.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Install computer components and software, connect computers to other test station subsystems, and write software for the communication between subsystems.
- Setup and perform qualification testing of test systems and subsystems using electronic instrumentation. Plan, perform, and document testing for each stage of the design and development process using instrumentation and environmental test equipment.
- Help develop and maintain documentation systems associated with the design and development process, including initial work instructions and user/reference manuals.
- Troubleshoot test system and subsystem, implement additions/modifications, test system re-qualification, technician re-training, and document.
- Develop instrumentation (hardware and software) and setup, test equipment operation, record measurements, and present data.
- Conduct Environmental testing including vibration, temperature, humidity, corrosion, etc. Equipment includes oscilloscope, signal generator, signal analyzer, vibration control system, environmental chambers, accelerometers, and amplifiers.
- Setup and support of developed software, and database management and support for Test Development Group databases, e.g., software and equipment inventories.
- Manage and support database for test system databases including development, tracking, and presentation of test system data flow metrics.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use of sensors, actuators, and electronic instrumentation. Understand and use basic test methodologies and environmental test equipment.
- Must be able work with abstract concepts and handle situations when little information is immediately available. Analyze available information and make judgements regarding technical and non-technical situations.
- Must be able to gain understanding of project objectives and identify the activities and tasks required to meet the objectives and timing without frequent supervision.
- Well organized and able to plan and manage many simultaneous activities with interactions from different groups while handling changing priorities and resource availability.
Education and Experience
- AAS degree in electronics, EET, or MET
- 2+ year experience with environmental test equipment including vibration systems environmental chambers.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment